What is the Qualification of your Caregivers?
- Our Specialised Caregivers are fully trained foreign Nurses (with 3.5 year Diploma or 4-year Bachelor’s Degrees in Nursing), Nurse Assistants (1 to 2-years in nursing school + clinical training and hospital experience), and nursing aids (3 to 6 months nursing aids training)
- Most of our Caregiver have hospital and/or home care experience. This is very important, as most of our clients require complex care and strong coordination with the medical team.
- Our caregiving consultants always advise you to match the level of qualification and experience of the Caregiver with the complexity of the case. We advise you against selecting a nursing aid if our Caregiving Consultant is recommending you to select someone more qualified.
How do you screen and select your caregivers?
- Our recruiters are Senior Nurses themselves. They carefully pre-select candidates based on education and experience. All short-listed candidates are thoroughly interviewed. Their technical skills, but also their service orientation, caring attitude and motivation are assessed.
- Unlike all other recruiting agencies in Singapore, OUR CAREGIVERS DO NOT HAVE TO PAY (either us or any middleman) TO GET THIS JOB. This means that we have no bias in recruiting, our sole criterias are skills and motivation, not ‘who can pay to come’.
- This has not only a positive impact on the average level of our Caregivers, but also on their motivation, which is consistently very high.
Where are your Caregivers from?Answer
- We currently recruit foreign trained nurses from The Philippines, India, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Indonesia.
- Our recruits speak English. Some of them may already understand and or speak simple Chinese. They are able to pick up local dialects when necessary.
- We test the nursing skills of our recruits throughout our recruiting process.
Can the Caregiver also take care of the house chores / of the other family members?Answer
- Our Caregivers are healhcare professionals who solely focus on their patient. Providing good Specialised care is a full time commitment and therefore our Caregivers are unable to take care of Other family members’ Major household chores.
- However they will support the patient with their specific household tasks, including preparing their meals, doing their laundry, changing their bed sheets, making sure the patient is in a clean environment (cleaning their room and bathroom) etc.
- Specific cases (eg 2 patients in the same household), should be discussed individually with our Caregiving Consultant.
Can I ask for a male Caregiver?Answer
- Currently the Singapore visa framework only applies to female workers, however MOM has exceptionally granted visas to male caregivers if there is a strong rationale.
- We are happy to apply for an exception and provide you with a male caregiver, but you should expect a 5 to 6 weeks waiting time before we get approval from MOM. A pre-approval fee applies.
What happens if I am not happy with my l Caregiver?
- Due to our extensive experience in selecting and matching the right caregiver with the right patient, and to our pro-active problem solving approach (we call you and the caregiver regularly to address any problem), it is quite rare that clients wish to change their caregiver.
- If the case arises, and after investigating and trying to solve the issue with your current caregiver, we would support the identification of a new Caregiver, but there could be associated costs. Call us / ask our staff for details.